Hello all! Here I am on a Sunday morning typing up a post. Usually I do these on Saturday because my Sunday mornings are insane (preacher and all). Anyway, here’s my quick and handy update.
1. Fallen from Grace: write 1 chapter a week (moving week excluded) — I wrote chapter 14 this week, and my beta readers are caught up to me. That means I have to write chapter 15 today or tomorrow, and that, my friends, is the very last chapter in this novel! Squeee!!!!!!
2. Promo: Answer three interview questions a day until done
3. Promo: Write out a guest post a week until done
4. Lovely, Dark, and Deep short story needs to be written/plotted 2k a day due Aug 31st — I will be starting on this shortly as soon as the novel is finished.
5. Paranormal Romance short story 2k/day due Aug 9th — Gave up on this
I received a rejection this week for a short story I submitted back in July. It was sad, but I left the ending wide open to become a novel, so I think it’s going to be on my project list for next year. Maybe I’ll get 4 books written next year. Eeeek!
I’m going to be participating in a short story writing sprint for submission to the same publisher who rejected me. It’s post-apocalyptic and/or zombie. I’m interested to see how it’s going to go. That’ll be this coming Saturday.
I’m also debating on turning the rejected story into the Lovely, Dark, and Deep short story. I would need to add at least 4,000 words to it for the submission guidelines to fit, but I think I can do it. It’s percolating in my brain right now while I finish up Fallen from Grace. We shall see.
Off to church!