If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this novel series, it’s that people really like Peter. Peter is a bit troubled, but he has a great sense of innocence about him! He’s seen a lot in his short life, but he’s a character.
The chapter I’ve been working on has Peter in it. And I can’t tell you how many readers have told me they love Peter. So Peter’s gotta keep on showing up!
Here’s 8 paragraphs from chapter 14 of Fallen from Grace! That’s my easy WIPpet math for today.
“‘A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.” … The Samaritan woman therefore said to him, “How is it that you, being a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have give you living water.”’ This is my favorite part,” Peter added.
“Uh huh,” Grace reverted back to her earlier statements.
“He’s talking about the water of life, the wellspring of life that comes with faith and believing. It’s such an amazing gift to have.”
Grace muttered, “I’m sure.”
Peter bounced in his seat as he continued. Grace ignored him as much as possible and pushed her foot down on the gas peddle to get to the school faster.
“God gives us the living water, and that’s how we keep going when it gets rough. We always know God is there for us, healing us, saving us, comforting us. It’s just perfect isn’t it? A water that never dies and will never dry up and make us thirsty.”
Grace sighed. “It’s great for those who believe in it, Peter.”
She bit her tongue when the tension in the car clustered together and made it hard to breathe. She hadn’t meant to be so short with him, but her patience had been worn thin over the past month. Licking her lips and slipping him a glance, Grace went to apologize.
Pssssst!! For my WIPpeteers, since my ROW80ers already got the announcement.
Across Worlds: Collision is released!
*cough* It goes on tour today too!
Onto a ROW80 update!
1. Fallen from Grace: write 1 chapter a week (moving week excluded) — I wrote chapter 13 this week, and I’m working on chapter 14. I hope to have this novel finished being written by the end of the day on Friday. My lovely betas are on chapter 11! So I have to finish it otherwise they’ll be waiting impatiently!
2. Promo: Answer three interview questions a day until done
3. Promo: Write out a guest post a week until done
4. Lovely, Dark, and Deep short story needs to be written/plotted 2k a day due Aug 31st — still haven’t started working on this one at all. Once Grace is done, then I’ll do it!
5. Paranormal Romance short story 2k/day due Aug 9th — I’ve unfortunately given up on this. It’s August 6th and the piece still only has 2,000 words in it. It will not be finished in time for submission.