Yes, I have noticed that I haven’t been around in the last few weeks. It’s honestly because I’ve been so busy, and not busy with fun stuff. My blog posts for my author’s corner have dwindled the past three weeks, all failing to be given to me and thus not shared with you. I’ve been traveling a great amount and thus unable to write or post for WIPpet Wednesdays, something I sorely miss. I could probably manage to post, but no way would I be able to manage to actually read my fellow WIPeteer posts, and thus I don’t feel comfortable posting without being able to reciprocate.
So here’s a bit of what’s been going on.
1. I’m looking for people to fill spots for the rest of the year on my blog for Author’s Corner. Right now, I’m only looking for LGBT authors or authors who write LGBT (or both, if someone happens to fall into both of those categories like me). I have a post up and coming next week from James Crawford, and I sincerely hope it actually happens.
2. I’m recently engaged!! Which is crazy exciting, but now think about the fact that we chose a wedding date six months out. Wow…so much planning. And I really hate planning. So now that most of the big things are planned, I can finally start to relax a bit. Also, I’m graduating with my Master’s degree in May, so I’ve been planning for that as well.
3. I have two books of my own that need to be edited, and I thought I would finish at least the first edit on Ashes Fall before I had to start on the final edit of For by Grace. I was wrong. For by Grace comes out June 1st and I really need to get the final edits to my publisher. Sadly, Ashes Fall is once again taking the back seat. These two books are coming out this year, along with a third that I co-wrote. I need to get kicking on writing in order to have anything coming out next year.
4. Due to the desperate need for money, I took on an editing job. Which will be awesome! I’m also searching for a part-time to full-time job in retail, because apparently I think there are more hours in the day than there actually are. This editing job is amazing though. It’s for debut author Tammy Morea and is a YA novel. I can’t wait until she publishes it for you all.
5. I’m still chugging along in school and my other job that doesn’t actually pay anything but gas money.
So this be my life for the past three weeks which I haven’t posted here. No interesting reads as of yet, though I did get started on Kristen Duvall’s Femme Du Chaos which is a great read so far! Wish I’d finished it before life got in the way again. Hope to see you all soon! Maybe Wednesday with a WIPpet post!
My Editing Schedule
Mar 24 – Ch 0, 1 (FbG) Ch 1, 2 (August Moon, TM)
Mar 25 – Ch 2, 3, 4 (FbG) Ch 3, 4 (August Moon, TM)
Mar 26 – Ch 5 (FbG) Ch 5 (August Moon, TM)
Mar 27 – Ch 6, 7 (FbG) Ch 6 (August Moon, TM)
Mar 30 – Ch 8, 9 (FbG) Ch 7, 8, 9 (August Moon, TM)
Mar 31 – Ch 10, 11, 12 (FbG) Ch 10, 11 (August Moon, TM)
Apr 01 – Ch 14, 15 (FbG) Ch 12 (August Moon, TM)
Apr 02 – Ch 13, 14 (August Moon, TM)
Apr 03 – Ch 15 (August Moon, TM)
Here’s to really hoping I’m able to stick to this editing schedule, and yes, I realize how ambitious I am. Either way, in the next three weeks, both these novels will be edited!
2 thoughts on “Updates from the Beyond”
Wow exciting times for you. Congrats on your engagement and getting on well with your writing. :)
Thanks!! It’s so crazy right now. =P