So I’m at the bar, again, and my bartender is shocked that I’m writing in a notebook today! He says I’m going old school.
There are advantages to writing on a word processor and advantages to writing on paper.
1. Faster: I type close to 100 wpm so this help me get a ton done in a short period of time.
2. Spell check and auto correct: this can be disadvantages too but it’s nice to know my words are correct–for the most part.
3. Backing up: I can save to hard drive, flash drive, Internet, email. So many places.
4. SAVES TREES!
1. Slows me down. Makes me think about what I’m writing rather than my word count total.
2. Less distractions: no Internet, no twitter, no Facebook, etc. means I can only focus on writings.
3. Less distractions(yes, that deserves two points).
4. Old school, how it’s been done for ages.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both. It really is a preference. I prefer to write on the computer and use the notebook when I’m blocked or stuck.